9/18/08

Old Mother Hubbard's Confession


Old Mother Hubbard
Went to the cupboard,
To fetch her poor dog a bone.
But when she got there,
The cupboard was bare,
And so the poor dog had none.

Well, not exactly . . . In reality, the dog is faring the best in the cupboard inventory. In the interest of good doggie behavior, Molly's department is well stocked with kibble, rawhide rolls, puppy biscuits, and jerky treats. The human food inventory, on the other hand, leaves much to be desired. I don't think that I really realized what was going on in the pantry until last weekend. There was plenty of stuff lining the shelves so I thought "Mission Accomplished". Now, I know that I am far from the culinary queen. The fact that we are well-fed can be purely attributed to the grace of Jackson's grandma (she's ensuring the survival of future generations). So the other day when I noticed an odd splatter on the inside of the pantry door, I didn't let it keep me awake at night. A few days later I decided that further investigation was warrented. What I found was mind-boggling . . . a can of tomato sauce had popped! I'm sure you are thinking, "How does that even happen?" Well, apparently, non-perishable does not mean eternal. I did not have one canned good in the entire pantry that expired this YEAR! Into the trash they went.

This is Bag #3!

And now the cupboard is bare . . .


Mother H., I feel your pain.


And yet, my current obsession is home-made sugar cookies. I even bought this:


The fun never stops here at the Funny Farm!

1 comment:

Erin said...

101 flippin' cookie cutters??! That sounds awesome!

I insisted that we make my mom's recipe for sugar cookies this past Chrstmas....I just recommend you use a rolling pin....much easier.
http://teamsundberg.blogspot.com/2007/12/learning-christmas.html

And you called it on the CP bus trips....how could I have forgotten those glorious days???