All during the month of November, I have eagerly read other people's Thankful Notes on their Facebook pages. I wanted to participate in this viral festival but I just never could get it together. And as I learned in July, daily posting is exhausting! But there are so many things to be thankful for. So, just in time for Thanksgiving, here is my list.
1. Family - Family shapes and molds who we are and who we will become. We are so grateful for those who have surrounded us with love throughout our lives and have served as a beacon to light our path.
2. Friends - From those that we see daily to those that we haven't seen in forever, we are grateful for the many friends that God has given us. They are always there to support us, teach us, encourage us and love us even on our darkest day.
3. Fun - Some of the best sounds in the universe are the unmitigated overflow of giggles from our two boys. Whether it is silly noises or funny faces or just something that tickles them, we love to play and have fun. We treasure each moment.
4. Freedom - I am grateful for the many freedoms we enjoy every day. And I am grateful for those who have fought to preserve these freedoms and for those who are still fighting.
5. Food - Sometimes it feels like it consumes entirely too much energy - planning it, shopping for it, cooking it, driving through for it, eating it, cleaning up after it . . . but we are so grateful for the plentiful food that we have.
6. Faith - I am grateful for a God of amazing grace. I am more aware with each passing year of just how desperately I need it.
** This concludes my ode to F words (the nice ones). **
7. Imagination - Without it, there would be no science, no medicine, no literature, and no faith. We must never stop imagining.8. Knowledge/Education - Things that were once the secrets of the universe are now literally at our fingertips. We are so grateful that there is no limit to the things that we can learn.
9. Seasons - We are grateful that there are new seasons in our calendar and in our lives. We love being able to see God's hand in the falling of the leaves, the sparkle of the snowflakes, the arrival of blossoms, and the warmth of the sunshine.
10. Smiles - I believe a person can become immeasurably more beautiful/handsome just by smiling. I am grateful for all the blessings that there are to smile about and for all the people who remind me to keep smiling.
11. Home - In a time when so many are struggling to hold onto the buildings that they call home and so many more are trying to hold together families, we are grateful for our house and our family. Our house is perfect for us in this time (and it has a gorgeous new fence!) and our family is committed to enjoying our amazing journey together.
12. Words/Communication/Books - The power to convey thoughts is an amazing thing. I am blessed that I am able to read so many ideas. It keeps me up at night . . . literally.
13. Tex-Mex Cuisine - Tacos, enchiladas, nachos, sopapillas, queso, chips, salsa, quesadillas . . . I don't discriminate. I am grateful for them all.
14. Childhood Friendships - I am grateful for the friends God has placed in my life who have withstood the test of time. I am also excited to see the friendships that are starting to form for my boys.
15. Brothers - I am grateful for the sweet relationship that Jackson and Logan have already. They love each other fiercely.
16. Health - We are so grateful that save for colds and allergies, we are incredibly healthy. Even though some of us have been known to lick the grocery cart or let the dog share our sandwich.
17. Arts and Crafts - I love arts and crafts! I am so grateful that I have the time and energy to work on them occasionally. And that my family is forgiving of their propensity to multiple in closets and overflow tabletops.
18. Clothing - Though keeping up with it makes me crazy most of the time (laundry!), I am grateful that I have clothes and that they will keep me warm if Texas ever approves the turning on of winter.
19. Molly the family dog - She's every inch a bundle of wild energy, but Molly loves us unconditionally and she is so good to the boys. For her part, Molly is grateful that Logan has learned how to sneak kibbles to her and that Jackson leaves lots of delicious, crunchy toys laying around that she can use for games of "Keep Away" with Mom and Dad.
20. Digital Photography - How far we have come since people sat for hours waiting for their images to be preserved. Now they are across the globe in seconds. Unfortunately, Jackson does not share my excitement and is now treating me like the crazy paparazzi lady. "I am done with pictures now, Mom."
21. Sunshine - I love the sunshine! The light, the warmth, the dazzling brilliance. Sometimes, winter (even Texas winter) is long.
22. My husband - I am grateful to get to share life with a guy who loves me in spite of my occasional craziness, who is a great dad for our boys, and who continues to dream big dreams and work hard to make them come true.
23. Our little guys - I stand amazed at how perfectly created each of our little boys is. So unique and special. I am so grateful that God chose me to be their mom and that I get to guide them as they grow.
24. Each and every new day