2/2/10

V-Day


For a great many years, February 14th and I have had a tenuous relationship. It's just never made any sense to me. What are we really celebrating here? True love or roses, candy, and chocolate? Well, now that you mention it, candy and chocolate did need their own holiday. Something to get them through those long days between candy canes and chocolate bunnies. Dentists have to make their car payments too you know. Not that my feelings for the holiday will cause me to turn down those two vital food groups. In fact, my plans for this Valentines Day include both candy and chocolate - we are making Oreo Truffles. However, considering my potential for baking disaster I will not go so far as to say that they will be an expression of my true love.
One thing I can say with absolute certainty is that this will not be the way to my heart . . . unless it is via a future quadruple bypass. . . but it did make me smile.

No comments: