11/20/10

The downside

We started this week off with a trip to the pediatrician's office. Since the boys are both super healthy, this is a stop we don't make very often. The (very small) downside of their extreme health is that it is hard to decide whether they really need to go or not. I usually employ a combination wait-and-see/call the nurse line approach. This time we were worried about the-cough-that-would-not-quit that Jackson has. Surely, it must be TB. And he had some weird rash on his leg. Obviously, nothing less than Lyme disease.

Thus, when the diagnosis was allergies with a side of bug bites, I was a little annoyed to have made the trip. All the real germs we were exposed to! The co-pays! The whining (from me)!

But then I got to thinking about someone else who shrugged off a little cough . . . and now we have this . . .



How did we go from the awesomeness of the Fraggles to a perpetual 2 year old with a speech impediment? Walking pneumonia is no joke.
I love the imagination that is so prevalent in the Jim Henson products of my childhood. That's what we want to pass on - the ability to dream BIG. Two year old attitude is a little too reality TV for me!

No comments: